Do you have a content creation and promotion system? Or are you more of a “create when you fancy it” kind of person?
Content can feel like you’re on a rollercoaster. One week you posting every day and it’s wonderful, the next week… nothing. Constantly creating content and not actually getting anywhere.
The obvious benefit to a great content system is that you can easily create and share content that resonates with your audience, in a way that doesn’t take up too much of your time.
Yet there are many unexpected benefits to a great content system . . .
Extra benefits of a content creation and promotion system
1. Relief at realising how easy it can be to create interesting stories, tips etc. No more staring at a blank screen, watching the cursor blinking
2. The realisation that you don’t need to be a hamster on the content creation wheel. That one blog post can be used in a number of ways
3. Planning means you can be more creative not less creative, as the energy you’ve used for that last minute panic writing can now be used to create a work flow that explodes with ideas
4. Consistency becomes easy. Now it’s not only about always posting an offer at 2pm on a Tuesday. It’s also about keeping your businesses message on track so you don’t confuse people with who you are, and what you offer
5. Your brand values shine through in your content. When you take the time to plan you can weave your values into your content. One of my brand values is Simplicity – I have a blog template that I created which means that any temptation to tell my readers All Of The Things is restrained.
6. You can split the elements of your content system into left and right brain activities. The right, planning and creation, are for you to do. The left, production, publishing and promotion, can be outsourced when you’re ready.
7. Your uniqueness and brilliance shines forth. I have complete faith that my clients are interesting people; even if they don’t think so themselves. By asking them a few simple questions during our content system sessions I’ve discovered:
One client created a sculpture garden entirely out of edible plants (how creative is that!)
Another client is in a chorus (how talented is she!)
We then wove those interesting facts into their content so that their readers can get to know the person behind the business.
We can be shy about sharing the things that we’re passionate about yet I love to know them and so will your potential clients. My personals posts on my FB page always get the most comments. They’re a great way for me to find out more about my people too as I ask them questions about their interests.
There is a reason that About pages are the second most visited pages on websites (after your home page) because we’re curious about each other and we want to do business with a person we can connect to.
Do you have a content system in place? Let me know in the comments below.
If you’re like to have your own content creation and promotion system then come and visit the (virtual) Systems Café and book in a one hour Content System session with me. We’ll create a system that unleashes your creativity.