This website contains information and tools that you can browse and access without providing any personal details. Where you voluntarily provide personal details I will only use that information for the purpose for which it was intended and to communicate with you.
Your privacy is important to me. Any personal information you submit is stored securely by me (or a service provider contracted by me for that purpose) and will not be disclosed to any third parties, except as required or permitted by law (including the Privacy Act 2020).
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Requesting a freebie or joining our email list
When you request to receive a freebie and/or join our mailing list we collect your name and email address in order to be able to send your freebie to you and future emails.
Purchasing 1:1 services or free consults
When you purchase a 1:1 service from us, or book in for a free consult, we collect your name, email address, business name and personal data about your business. We need this data to provide these services to you.
Comments on blog posts
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you contact us via our contact form we collect the data asked for in that form, including your name, email address and the reason why you are getting in contact with us.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Analytics and Metrics
We also collect the following:
- Data about how you use our website
- Technical data such as your IP address, details about your browser, length of your visits to the pages on our website, page views, number of times you use our website and other data on the devices you use to access our website.
- Data about for metrics, profiling and social media ads.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and web page usage.
How we may use your data
We may use your data to:
- Process financial transactions to enable you to buy our products or services
- Send you communications about the products or services that you bought
- Enable us to perform a contract, process your order, response to your questions and deal with any complaints
- Send you marketing communications
- Monitor and analyse your use of our website
- Keep records of orders placed and communications in relation to those orders
- Keep records of any other communications
- Administer and protect our website and business
- Deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you
- Understand the impact of our advertising
- Carry out credit checks
- Bring legal claims against you if you breach a contract or fail to make payment
- Comply with any legal obligations we are subject to or as required by a government authority
- Obtain or maintain insurance policies
- Obtain professional advice
- Otherwise manage our business
Who we share your data with
We may need to share your data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide us with IT and system administration services
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, accountants, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report to them
Joining our mailing list is optional. If you have signed up to our mailing list and would like to unsubscribe, simply email us at email@example.com with “Unsubscribe” in the subject area, and you will be removed immediately. Alternatively, all emails sent via Aweber also have an unsubscribe link in the footer.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Otherwise we’ll retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You have the right under the Privacy Act 2020 to access and/or correct your personal information held by us. If you want to access and/or correct your personal information held by us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date of Last Revision: 1 December 2020